Essential oil for eye puffiness| Benefits & Uses
Do you struggle with Puffiness and bags under your eyes? Essential oils are a great natural remedy for Puffiness and dark circles that plague tired eyes. Some essential oils can even be used to help combat wrinkles, reducing the signs of ageing and giving you the bright, youthful appearance many of us crave.
In this blog post, we’ll go over some simple essential oil blends that can give your tired-looking eyes an instant lift – no pricey spa treatments or expensive creams needed! Read on to uncover some nourishing recipes tailored especially for the delicate skin around our precious peepers.
What are the causes of eye puffiness?
- What are the causes of eye puffiness?
- How can you avoid Puffiness?
- Benefits of using essential oils for eye puffiness relief
- Reduce Irritation and Redness:
- Brighten and Refresh:
- Antioxidant Protection:
- Relax Tired Eyes:
- Natural Fragrance:
- How do you use essential oils for eye puffiness relief
- Fennel Oil
- Frankincense Oil
- Cypress Oil
- Lavender Oil
- Roman Chamomile Oil
- Geranium oil
- Lemon oil
- Sandalwood Oil
- Patchouli Oil
- Tea Tree oil
- Clove Oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Side Effects Associated With Using Essential Oils for Eye Puffiness Relief
- Some Carrier Oils You Can Use to Dilute the Essential Oils
- How Not to Use Essential Oils
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is frankincense good for bags under the eyes?
- How do I get rid of eye puffiness fast?
- Can I put essential oils under my eyes?
- Fluid retention in the tissues around the eyes is one of the leading causes of eye puffiness. Allergies, sinusitis, or excessive salt can cause this.
- Allergies are a common cause of puffy eyes. Seasonal allergies and breathing in airborne allergens can cause swelling and irritation in the eyes.
- Crying can also cause puffy eyes, as tears contain salt that can accumulate in the eye area and increase swelling.
- Not getting enough sleep or not sleeping well can lead to Puffiness due to fluid retention around the eyes.
- Stress, an unhealthy lifestyle, long exposure to screens, lack of proper hydration, and ageing can all contribute to Puffiness around the eyes.
- High alcohol intake, dehydration, and imbalances in salt levels can also lead to puffy eyes.
- In some cases, eye puffiness may be due to genetic predispositions or deficiencies of vitamins and minerals. Poor blood circulation can also cause swelling in the eye area.
- Chronic inflammation can also lead to Puffiness, which causes the body to retain more fluids.
- Sun exposure can cause Puffiness due to damage to the skin around the eyes. This can lead to swelling and irritation.
- Sunscreen should be worn outdoors to protect the delicate eye area from damage.
How can you avoid Puffiness?
Start by adding a few drops of essential oil in a roller bottle with water and massage it around the eye area twice daily. If that’s too much trouble, apply the essential oil on cotton pads and relax with them over your eye area for 15 minutes daily – sit back and let these powerhouse ingredients work their magic! Lastly, add a few drops of essential oil to your existing eye cream for additional rejuvenating benefits!
Get ready to bid farewell to puffiness and welcome beautiful eyes instead!
Benefits of using essential oils for eye puffiness relief
It’s no secret that essential oils can be used to treat a variety of different ailments. One of the most common uses is for eye puffiness relief, as these natural oils have many benefits that can help reduce swelling and brighten the under-eye area.
Here are some of the unique benefits of using essential oils for eye puffiness relief:
Reduce Irritation and Redness:
Essential oils can provide relief to those suffering from irritated, swollen eyes. The natural anti-inflammatory properties of certain essential oils help to reduce redness and swelling while providing a calming effect on the surrounding skin.
Brighten and Refresh:
Essential oils like lavender, chamomile and geranium can help to brighten the under-eye area while giving an extra layer of hydration. This helps to reduce Puffiness while refreshing the appearance of the skin.
Many essential oils are rich in antioxidant compounds that can help to protect the delicate skin around the eyes from environmental stressors. These antioxidants also reduce signs of ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles.
Relax Tired Eyes:
Eye fatigue is a common issue for those who spend long hours staring at screens or reading. Certain essential oils can soothe tired eyes and relieve headaches, blurriness, and dryness.
Essential oils have a naturally pleasant aroma that can help to lift the mood and relieve stress. Applying essential oils around the eyes can provide a calming effect while adding a subtle scent to the area.
How do you use essential oils for eye puffiness relief
While Fennel essential oil is widely recognized for its antiseptic properties, its ability to reduce eye puffiness may come as a surprise. An ancient remedy, this oil has been used for centuries to enhance the beauty and health of the skin near the eyes.
Its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agent help reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark circles while diminishing Puffiness and fatigue in the area. Please put it on your daily beauty regime radar to keep those eyes looking fresh and vibrant!
Discover the mysterious benefits of frankincense essential oil for eye puffiness relief. To reap maximum benefits, you can topically apply a drop or two to the affected area with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil. Frankincense reduces blemishes, wrinkles, and age spots while calming skin inflammation.
Alternatively, the consumption of frankincense internally in small amounts has been said to possess similar anti-inflammatory properties and can help fight against pesky eye puffiness.
Cypress essential oil is an amazing all-natural remedy for relieving under-eye Puffiness. This stunningly fragrant oil has a range of fantastic benefits that make it a great choice for reducing the appearance of dark circles.
The oil helps to increase blood flow to the area and assists in strengthening capillaries in the delicate skin beneath the eyes, boosting overall tone and reducing inflammation. With its diuretic properties, cypress essential oil is perfect for simultaneously reducing water retention around the eye area while boosting lymphatic drainage.
Try applying this powerhouse product to your eye area; you should notice an improvement after regular use!
Lavender essential oil is a natural and effective solution to reduce eye puffiness caused by stress and sleep disturbances. Lavender is known for its calming effects and can be a great addition to your daily beauty routine. Essential oils allow you to reap this plant’s powerful properties without putting synthetic chemicals or fragrances into your skin.
Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil diluted with a carrier oil or an under-eye cream directly onto the skin. Let it work overnight and enjoy the benefits the next morning! With the right care, you might even find yourself looking more refreshed than ever before!
Roman Chamomile Oil
Roman chamomile essential oil is the perfect solution for puffy eyes and dark circles. Not only can it reduce Puffiness and tone the skin, but its anti-inflammatory properties also soothe irritation. Whether used in an eye cream or through gentle massage around your eyes, this essential oil helps reduce Puffiness quickly and effectively. Its sweet, subtle aroma adds extra relaxation benefits, making roman chamomile the perfect remedy for weary eyes.
Geranium Essential oil amazing oil is a powerful diuretic, helping reduce water retention. Not only does it help combat excess puffiness, but its astringent properties also help to tighten the skin and reduce any existing puffiness. Geranium Essential Oil also has a calming, soothing effect on the skin and even prevents fine lines and wrinkles surrounding the eyes.
Lemon essential oil is a powerful solution for eye puffiness relief. Its unique blend of vitamins naturally lightens the skin tone, deeply moisturizes the area, and rejuvenates skin cells to help with discoloration.
Its potent but gentle anti-inflammatory properties make it ideal for use around delicate areas like the eyes, helping soothe Puffiness while imparting its soothing scent of fresh lemons. With regular use, you can eliminate tired-looking swollen eyes in no time!
Sandalwood essential oil is an extremely beneficial natural remedy for treating eye puffiness. It contains skin-whitening agents that work to reduce dark circles and get absorbed into the skin, which aids in reducing the appearance of eye puffiness instantly. As a bonus, Sandalwood oil has a calming scent that is great for aromatherapy, making it all the more soothing to use near the eyes.
Patchouli essential oil can provide a natural remedy for eye puffiness and dark circles. This powerful essential oil is known for its skin-rejuvenating properties that reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and Puffiness around the eyes.
Add one or two drops of patchouli oil to your daily facial care routine to revitalize the skin beneath your eyes and keep it glowing with health and vitality. The result? Your eyes will look brighter, and your complexion more radiant than ever before.
Tea Tree oil
Tea tree essential oil reduces the amount of excess fluid in the area but can also help improve blood circulation and balance skin tone. Those suffering from persistent eye puffiness could discover numerous benefits from introducing tea tree essential oil into their eye care routine. It not only reduces Puffiness but can also help prevent signs of aging around the eyes, such as dark circles.
Clove essential oil is a natural remedy that can help reduce Puffiness, dark circles and bags around your eyes. This powerful oil is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties and its warming benefits work to improve circulation in this delicate eye area.
Bergamot essential oil
Bergamot essential oil is the perfect remedy for eye puffiness relief. This age-old natural remedy has been used to treat a variety of ailments and issues. Bergamot’s rich yet powerful ingredients work against dark spots and skin discoloration, making it ideal for any area prone to bags or congestion. Experience the relief with Bergamot essential oil for a speedy recovery.
Side Effects Associated With Using Essential Oils for Eye Puffiness Relief
Even though essential oils may offer relief from eye puffiness, there are associated side effects to consider before using this form of treatment. Depending on the oil used, it is important to assess the potential for sensitivity or other risks.
- To reduce the risk of side effects, it is important to use proper precautions, such as not applying essential oils too close to the eyes, as even mild irritation can occur in certain cases.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers should avoid topical applications altogether as a precautionary measure.
- When used with care, essential oils can be an effective solution for treating eye puffiness but always use caution and never ingest the oils.
Some Carrier Oils You Can Use to Dilute the Essential Oils
- Sweet almond oil
- Rosehip seed oil
- Jojoba oil
- Argan oil
- Apricot kernel oil
- Black Seed Oil
- Coconut oil
- Rosehip oil
- Grape Seed Oil
- Olive oil
- Cocoa/Shea butter
- Vitamin E (optional)
How Not to Use Essential Oils
Utilizing essential oils can be beneficial for many reasons and should not be taken lightly. When using essential oils, it is important to adhere to certain guidelines to guarantee safety. Above all else,
- One should remember to never apply the oils directly to the skin, as this can cause irritation or potential burns.
- Moreover, ensure that you don’t go out into the sun for at least 24 hours after applying the oil, as they can potentially cause photosensitivity reactions.
- Make sure that you also steer clear of getting close to your eyes, as this lead to adverse reactions.
- To further ensure the safe usage of these products, conduct a patch test before application to gauge if an allergic reaction may occur once the oil is applied.
- Failure to abide by any or all of these suggestions can result in severe discomfort and harm.
Use this knowledge to your advantage and avoid eye puffiness caused by common sense triggers like sleep deprivation, allergies, hormones, and oversalting your food. If you struggle with chronic eye puffiness that doesn’t respond to at-home treatments, contact a board-certified dermatologist or ophthalmologist for help.
They can prescribe medications or offer in-office procedures to help improve the appearance of under-eye bags. But if you want to try something natural, reach for an essential oil like lavender oil or chamomile oil diluted in a carrier oil like jojoba oil.
Applied topically (never put oils directly in your eyes!), these gentle ingredients can help temporarily soothe swollen eyes and reduce the look of under-eye circles.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is frankincense good for bags under the eyes?
Frankincense has been used for centuries to help with the appearance of bags and puffiness under the eyes. This ancient remedy is loaded with natural anti-inflammatory properties and helps to drain, cleanse and tone the skin around the eyes.
How do I get rid of eye puffiness fast?
Eye puffiness can be a nuisance, but it doesn’t have to ruin your look! Some quick tips to reduce puffiness include washing your face with a cool cloth, avoiding smoking, and getting adequate sleep each night. All of these simple changes can go a long way in reducing eye puffiness and improving the overall appearance of your eyes.
Can I put essential oils under my eyes?
Are you ever considered using essential oils to improve the skin around your eyes? It’s possible with lavender oil! Combined with a carrier oil like jojoba, you can create a seemingly natural solution to nourish the sensitive skin under and around your eyes. Massaging in the mixture may help reduce puffiness and dark circles while also hydrating and softening the area.